Who We Are
Girl Talk Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 agency celebrating 14 years in the Charlotte-area community. We are focused on developing teenaged girls socially, emotionally and physically to become civically engaged community citizens.
Girl Talk develops girls who are empowered, resilient and can navigate through life. We build girls’ emotional and social capabilities to produce positive life outcomes.
To transform the lives of girls ages 11-16 through character-building programs that develop self-awareness, self-management and social competence.
To empower every girl to become a self-aware, self-managed and socially competent woman.
What We Do
- Increase self-awareness and self-acceptance
- Improve academic success and future orientation
- Enhance communication skills
- Reduce unhealthy/risky behaviors
How We Do It
Girl Talk offers two empowerment programs for girls ages 11-16:
- “Tailoring Teens for Success” 18-week curriculum
- Jewels (professional development)
- College Tour
- Prom Project
Annually, Girl Talk Foundation, Inc. impacts nearly 600 girls through programming and special events.