Who We Are
Girl Talk Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 agency celebrating 13 years in the Charlotte-area community. We are focused on developing teenaged girls socially, emotionally and physically to become civically engaged community citizens.
Girl Talk develops girls who are empowered, resilient and can navigate through life. We build girls’ emotional and social capabilities to produce positive life outcomes.
To empower every girl to find her voice to become the success she is destined to be — confident, smart, proud and powerful.
To become the world’s most impactful youth empowerment program for teen girls who become women who positively change themselves and their communities
What We Do
- Increase self-awareness and self-acceptance
- Improve academic success and future orientation
- Enhance communication skills
- Reduce unhealthy/risky behaviors
How We Do It
Girl Talk offers two empowerment programs for girls ages 13-16:
- “Tailoring Teens for Success” 20-week curriculum
- Jewels (professional development)
- College Tour
- Prom Project
Annually, Girl Talk Foundation, Inc. impacts nearly 700 girls through programming and special events.